Elizabeth Maiden has over 25 years of experience as a real estate lawyer in Ottawa.
Elizabeth Maiden has over 25 years of experience as a real estate lawyer in Ottawa. As a member of our Real Estate and Development Law Group, Elizabeth practices commercial and residential real estate, land development and municipal law.
Since joining the Soloway Wright team in 2004, Elizabeth has established herself as the go-to lawyer for numerous condo developments including high and low rise condominiums, common element and vacant land condominiums, mixed-use buildings and condominium conversions. Her work in this area often requires addressing complex, co-ownership issues and shared facilities agreements. She has worked with a number of notable developers including Minto Communities, Urbandale, Charlesfort, Regional Realty, Richcraft and Fuller Construction and she has completed the behind the scenes work for many of the condominium developments you walk and drive by every day.
In addition to her condominium work, Elizabeth has also acted for numerous corporations on the purchase and financing of commercial properties, and has appeared before various municipal committees and councils.
Year of Call to Bar
- B.Comm., Laurentian University (1981)
- LLB, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University (1987)
Community Activities & Memberships
- Land Acquisition Committee, Habitat for Humanity, National Capital Region since June, 2010
- Competitive ballroom dancer
- Previously a certified Trainer and volunteered on numerous girls minor league hockey teams
Conferences, Publications, Presentations, & Seminars
- Case Comment: Rainville v MTCCP 1056, County of Carleton Law Association, Solicitor’s Conference, Montebello, May, 2012
- Eco City Fallout: When New Builders go Bust, County of Carleton Law Association, Solicitor’s Conference, Montebello, May, 2010
- Guest Lecturer on Condominium Law, University of Ottawa Law School, Real Estate Course
Past and Current Condominium Projects
- UpperWest and Minto Beechwood by Minto Communities Inc.
- High rise condominium projects by Charlesfort Developments known as the Hudson Park, The Continental Imperator, and the Merit
- The Bowery by Richcraft Homes Inc.
- 99Parkdale by Urbandale Construction
- Two the Parkway by Morley Hoppner Group
- Westboro Station I and II – mixed use residential condominiums and freehold commercial located on Richmond Road
- Tall Ships Landing Developments Inc. – a mixed use condominium development in Brockville, ON
- Common element and Vacant Land Condominiums in rural Ontario for cottage development
- and numerous other suburban phased condominiums….