Bernie specializes in corporate finance and tax issues connected to private corporations and on estate planning issues
Bernard G. Roach
Business and Corporate Law, Estate Planning & Administration, Tax Practice Group
613-236-0111, ext. 3182
Bernie Roach is an Ottawa lawyer in our Business and Corporate Law, Estate Planning & Administration, and Tax Practice groups. Bernie specializes in corporate finance and tax issues connected to private corporations and on estate planning issues. He assists our clients with estate planning services such as will planning, trust planning and business succession planning. His tax advisory services include tax planning for private corporations, owner-managed businesses and high net worth individuals including planning connected to wealth preservation, the use of trusts and the transfer of wealth to future generations.
Year of Call to Bar
LLB, University of Ottawa (1981)
Professional Activities & Memberships
- Member, Law Society of Ontario, Canadian Bar Association and County of Carleton Law Association
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation, Canadian International Fiscal Association and Society of Estate and Trust Practitioners
- Part-time Professor, Estate Planning, Taxation and Advanced Business Law, University of Ottawa 's Common Law School, 1990 to 2000
- Past Instructor, Estate Planning and Business Law courses in the Bar Admission Course of the Law Society of Ontario.
Conferences, Publications, Presentations, & Seminars
Author, “Taxation at Death” and “Taxation of Trusts” chapters of the Ontario Estate Planning Bar Admission course, updated annually for Ontario Law Society Licensing Study Materials
- Advising large owner-managed private corporations on all corporate and tax issues relevant to governance and tax planning including acquisitions, shareholder agreements, succession planning and owner estate planning.
- Advising individuals on wealth management issues including tax planned wills, estate planning and trust planning.